BAY AREA TURNING POINT, INC. VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Stand up against domestic violence and sexual assault by sharing your time and talents in support of those who are on a journey of peace & new beginnings.
Bay Area Turning Point, Inc. provides recovery solution services for survivors of family violence and sexual assault and facilitates violence prevention strategies for societal change in partnership with the community.
Make a difference. Choose to volunteer!
- Crisis Hotline Advocate: support those in crisis by offering an ear to listen and a heart to get them to the help they need. Crisis Hotline Volunteers support Bay Area Turning Point by answering our 24-hour crisis hotline. Crisis Hotline Advocate Volunteers help callers secure emergency shelter, schedule callers for an assessment with our legal advocates, or give callers referrals to other agencies as needed. Required comprehensive training is provided. Flexible scheduling available.
- Child Care Assistant: support the daily operation of our daycare center by assisting with the supervision of children, helping to prepare meals or snacks, cleaning toys in our activity room, assisting with childcare laundry as needed, and supervising the children during activities and field trips.
- Child Care Tutor: help strengthen a child’s ability or help better a child’s understand of a subject by serving as a Child Care Tutor. Mentorships, male and female, are available. Tutors are needed Monday – Thursday, after school, between 4:00pm – 5:00pm and 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
- Resale Shop Assistant & Cashier: support the resale shop that funds BATP’s women programs by accepting donations, sorting merchandise, pricing items, stocking the floor, assisting customers, ringing up cash register sales and maintaining cleanliness of the store. Volunteers are needed Tuesday-Saturday from 10:00 am-5:00 pm.
- Clerical Aid: support office tasks including data entry, file maintenance, preparing informational packets, organizing, stuffing and mailing special project literature.
- Janitorial/Maintenance Specialist: support our facilities by performing light and general maintenance. Flexible scheduling available.
- Special Projects: support fundraiser and awareness events, food and back-to-school drives by activity recruiting donors and/or donations for the agency. Flexible scheduling available.
- Community Outreach Assistant: support the ongoing education of community regarding the importance of the agency’s mission by staffing informational fairs, posting literature in the community, creating education and public awareness materials and/or speaking to groups about domestic violence and sexual assault. Flexible scheduling available.
- Food Services Aid: support the shelter kitchen by picking up donations weekly from local restaurants or by maintaining an organized and clean food pantry and kitchen.
- Group Opportunities: contact our Volunteer Services Manager for a list of projects.
Regular volunteer orientations are held every 1st and 3rd Wednesday. Community Service volunteer orientations are held every 2nd and 4th Thursday.
Volunteer Orientation Registration:
To register for regular community volunteer orientation, please click here.
To register for court ordered community service volunteer orientation, please click here.
Community members who are interested in completing the volunteer application prior to attending orientation may print the application online. This is option is available to regular community volunteers only. To access Bay Area Turning Point’s volunteer application, please click the below links:
Notice to Potential Volunteers:
- Volunteers are subject to Criminal Background Screening. Convictions Of FRAUD, THEFT OR ASSAULT ARE PROHIBITED.
- Volunteer applicants who have received services from our agency within the past 6 months are ineligible to volunteer.
- Minors are prohibited from completing court ordered community service hours at Bay Area Turning Point, Inc.
If you have any questions regarding our volunteer program, please contact Lakeisha Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281.338.7600.
Bay Area Turning Point would like to thank Clear Lake Church of Christ youth for selecting our agency as a beneficiary of its annual Serve Week. Young adults from the church assisted us with various tasks such as weeding, deep cleaning, working in our food pantry and assisting in our child care facility. Volunteers are the bloodline of our organization, and we appreciate this group – and the many others that help – for going the extra mile to ensure our needs are met!
Carol ‘Cari’ Greene is a Lifetime Volunteer. She has volunteered at Bay Area Turning Point since 1997, donating more than 1,400 service hours to our agency. Cari currently works as a Crisis Hotline Advocate supporting those in crisis by offering a listening ear and resources to get callers the help they need. As a Crisis Hotline Advocate, Cari plays an integral part in assisting callers with their rebuilding process.
Words cannot express how grateful we are for Cari’s dedication to our mission. We value and appreciate Cari for all that she has done and continues to do for BATP!