Our Mission: Advocating to end domestic and sexual violence.
Domestic violence and sexual assault are a national epidemic, and the facts are astounding.
Did You Know..
- 1 in 3 women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime+
- 1 in 6 women and 1 in 33 men will be sexually assaulted in their lifetime+
- 1 in 5 high school girls report being physically assaulted and/or sexually abused by a dating partner*
+Provided by RAINN.org
*Provided by loveisrespect.org
Data Numbers for 2019:
how to help
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us at Bay Area Turning Point. There are a variety of ways for you to get involved. We depend on individuals and groups in the community to help provide services to the many survivors of family and sexual violence. Volunteer Info Can Be Found Here
Bay Area Turning Point is a crisis intervention center and shelter serving survivors of family violence and sexual assault in the Greater Bay Area. Please check here to see what job openings we currently have available: Job Openings.
To read the most recent announcements including letters from our President and CEO please click the button below!
Notice from our President and CEO:
I have struggled with the right words to share with all of you. I know you are each facing your own challenges during these uncertain times and I never want a plea for help to seem insensitive. Yet here I am, asking for your help as we face incredible uncertainty. The support you provide will help keep our services running. The thing I hear most often from donors is they didn’t give because no one asked and they didn’t know there was a need. I am asking, will you please help?
We have already had to postpone our largest fundraiser of the year (Dogs and Divas) and cancel another (Holiday Market). Without those events raising much needed unrestricted dollars, we risk not being able to serve as many people as normal. Additionally, due to social distancing requirements, our donation center remains closed to the public for the time being. But you can still help in one of the following ways?
- Financial donation through our website @www.bayareaturningpoint.org or by mailing to BATP P.O. Box 58537, Webster TX 77598
- Purchasing items from our needs list through Amazon so it is conveniently delivered to our location and you and your family are able to remain safe at home
- Designating 0.5% of your Amazon purchase total to be donated to BATP Amazon Smile program at (put in link) and selecting BATP as a recipient charity
- Visit Kroger’s website to link your Kroger Plus Card. Our Non-Profit Organization number is AE600. Any time you shop at Kroger using your plus card, rewards will accumulate toward BATP
With deep gratitude,
Leigh Ann Fry, M.A.Ed.
President & CEO